Sunday, July 24, 2011

Looking Forward to the Sonnenberg Gardens Show!

Sonnenberg Gardens Show is coming up soon: August 20 & 21. I definitely recommend this show if you're in the area. It is held in the gardens of the Sonnenberg Mansion and the setting itself makes the show worthwhile. The jury does a nice job of selecting high quality craftspeople with unique work. Personally, I'm partial to the show because they served us free wine and sushi last year - I'm a sucker for free food and hospitality. My other favorite show is the May Memorial show, where the church members cook soups and stews for us all weekend! I guess I'm easy to please. Anyhow, here are some photos of new work. I'm saving some special pieces for the show. Above is a pendant of Peruvian Opal. What a gorgeous stone! It reminds me of the ocean. Speaking of which, our Cape Cod vacation is less than a week off. Yay!


This necklace is one of my cast branches with hand-pierced leaves and green turquoise. Below is a new moth. This one is a bit smaller than the last one, with prehnite cabochons, entirely hand fabricated.



I hope to see some folks at the show! Enjoy the summer.