Saturday, March 2, 2013

Rocks and Fossils

What amazing things come out of the earth!  Here are a few pieces I completed this week.  The first is a bracelet with plume agate, fossil coral, ammonite, and trilobite fossils.  The bracelet is big, sturdy, and elemental.  I used a heavy gauge silver for the links and it is a gorgeous statement piece!

This set of four pendants are also excellent stones with a very elemental quality.  They are fossil coral, crazy lace agate, laguna agate, and ocean jasper.  The metalwork in these is very minimal.  I made them with the simple riveted bail detail after drilling a hole at the top of each cabochon.  This enables me to make a simple piece using less metal, thus keeping the price of these affordable.   All four stones were cut by lapidary artists in the USA.  I think they look quite nice on a simple leather cord.  These pieces will all be at Gallery 54 late next week.