Thursday, February 7, 2019

Viva Mexico!!

I hope everyone is off to a wonderful start in 2019.  I just returned from a trip to Mexico City.  I'm happy to report that despite several warnings, my friend and I found the city to be quite safe, welcoming, and full of wonderful history and culture!  We were able to visit many sites related to my favorite artist, Frida Kahlo: her family home, Casa Azul, the home she shared with Diego Rivera, as well as the home of her friend Leon Trotsky.  In addition we saw the awe-inspiring Aztec ruins of Teotihuacan and several historic Mexican political sights and Basilicas.  

This week I am finally beginning to build up some inventory for my 2019 shows, which will be listed on this blog as I confirm them!  The collage below is of work from 2018, which has sold.   The second photo shows three new pieces, all still available in the studio.  These days the best place to follow my new work is on Instagram, where I try to post new pieces weekly.  
Happy 2019 and I hope to see some of you soon!!
A collage of sold pieces from 2018!
Chalcedony, agate and moonstone, and labradorite pieces, just finished in studio.
The Temple of the Moon, part of the Aztec ruins of Teotihuacan near Mexico City.