Monday, July 19, 2010

Oh so busy!


Wow. Things have been super busy at the gallery!! The town of Skaneateles had it's annual sidewalk sale last weekend and the shop was booming! I sold my scarab beetle which was designed after an ancient Egyptian piece of jewelry. Artizanns gallery sold one of my cicada pendants. These are cast in solid sterling silver from the body of a real cicada and the wings are hand-pierced and are moveable. These are two of my very favorite pieces, time consuming to make, but so fun and unique when they're done. There is a lot of sybolism behind the images of both these insects. The cicada is an ancient symbol of "immortality, resurrection, and spiritual ecstasy". The french often give something in the form of a cicada as a housewarming gift.

On August 21 &22 I'll be at the Sonnenberg Gardens Arts at the Gardens show in Canandaigua, NY. http://www.artsatthegardens.org/. This is my first year there. I'm very excited as it is a big juried show with a very good reputation, not to mention that it's in a beautiful historic setting. I'm really looking forward to it, but I need to work work work until then so I have a good inventory for the show!