Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Some Custom Pieces

Happy Valentine's Day!  I hope everyone has a sweet day, with or without a sweetheart.  I plan to eat some chocolate, one way or another!

I thought I'd share a couple custom pieces I've made recently.  Both are destined to be gifts, and I hope they will be warmly received.  The first is a sculptural piece, a spider that showcases a gorgeous glass cabochon made by Sarah Bookbinder.  It is fabricated entirely by hand in sterling silver.


The ring design below is the symbol for "om".  Om is sometimes referred to as "the universal sound" and is symbolic in Hindu and Buddhist traditions.  It can also be translated as representing "universal spirit or consciousness".  This ring is fabricated in sterling with a tiny diamond.  This piece was custom made for a friend's sweetheart.