Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Pearls in the Forest

Sterling cast branches with mabe pearls
Spring has finally arrived in Central New York and I am ecstatic!  My daffodils and hyacinths are blooming and I wake to the sound of birds every morning.  What could be better?

I have many events on the horizen this spring and I am working non-stop to prepare.  The first is the Celebration of the Arts at St. David's Church in Dewitt.  It is a show celebrating local artists in which each artist contritutes 2 pieces for a one week gallery show - definitely worth the visit if you have time!  In May I am going to a one-week intensive course in Portland, Maine to study with Kate Wolf, master wax carver.  I have really wanted to fine-tune my wax carving skills for lost wax casting, and this promises to be a great opportunity.  Following my trip to Portland, I will be in Lockport, NY beginning May 31 for the 100 American Craftsmen Show at the Kenan Center.  This is a very selective show of fabulous artists from across the country.  It's my first year participating and I am very much looking forward to it.  I hope to see you there!