Sunday, February 9, 2014

New Work and an Upcoming Show

I'm back from my trip to the Caribbean, working hard and trying to stay warm!  The days are getting longer though, so the end of winter is in sight.  I am excited to announce the opening of the show "Introspections" at Edgewood Gallery in Syracuse.  The show opens Friday February 28 and runs through April 11.

Below is a preview of one of the pieces I will have in the show.  The title is "Forget Me Not" and is a locket created especially for a Veteran.  The image is my Grandfather who served in World War II.  Included in the locket are WWII era military medals and links from a "Forget Me Not" bracelet of the same vintage.  The construction of the locket features a hinged door that opens from the back and allows the photograph to be changed.   The amethyst at the bottom represents the purple heart medal received by soldiers wounded in combat.
Another piece recently completed and headed for Gallery 54 is this necklace of larimar and aquamarine.    I have lots of work in progress and hope some of you can check out the show to see the end results!