Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Tales from the Toolbox

There is much news from my corner of the world...and I need to update everyone!  First of all, I have added a couple events this month.  This coming weekend the Delavan Center where I have my studio is having an open house.  Thirty-six artists will have their studios open to the public.  I have lots of new work that I've been saving for the show, so I hope some of you will stop by and join me for a glass of wine and to browse!

Two weekends from now you can find me in Buffalo, NY.   Wildthings Artisan Gallery invited me to do a trunk show and I will be there with a new collection of jewelry in tow November 17 & 18.


However, the most exciting news from this month is the release of "Tales from the Toolbox", a beautiful publication of art jewelry edited by Mark Fenn of England, published by Schiffer publishing, and released this past weekend.  About a year and a half ago I was invited to submit work for this publication.  Three of my projects are included in the book.  The release date was October 28, so I am happily awaiting my copy of the book in the mail.  I am very appreciative of Mark for including me in this beautiful collection!  Below is the book cover.  It is currently available on Amazon or directly from Schiffer publishing, if you want a copy all to yourself:)

Book cover: cover piece is a brooch by artist Dauvit Alexander.

"Courage":  antique Joan of Arc medal, stealing silver, onyx, black spinel, bobcat claw.  This piece is one of mine featured in "Tales from the Toolbox".